Download the app at:
Once you install the app, tap sign up and register with the same email address you were invited to by your organization to be a volunteer.
On the day of the event, you will be helping with check-in, fundraising (capturing pledges and bids), and checkout.
A cart gets generated for each donor and you will help create, update and close it.
PayBee can provide credit card readers to allow your volunteers to:
- Pre-swipe a credit card at check-in, if desired.
- Allow your volunteers to take donations via credit card at the event.
- Help with guest check-out via credit card.
- 1.Tap Check In. Scan the QR code or search by name or email.
- 2.Select the guest. For group tickets, select the guests in the group to be checked in.
- 3.For group tickets, search for the name of a guest.
- 1.If the guest is the ticket purchaser a captain icon will appear (image 1) in one of the entries.
- 2.This allows you to choose the ticket purchaser and their confirmed guests (image 3) or a view of all available tickets (image 2 - table captain's view).
- 4.To add a guest to the ticket, tap Add Guest and follow the instructions.
- 5.Give them their bidder number (paddle, table tent, etc).
Image 1 - shows both the ticket purchaser as a guest and the captain's view of all tickets.
Image 2 - shows the 2 guests added to the ticket with 2 unassigned tickets.
Image 3 - Shows confirmed guests. Click on arrow in upper leff to view all tickets.
Placeholder email addresses are used for guests who don't have an email attached. An email address in this format triggers the PayBee app to notify the volunteer to ask for an email address at check-in. These guests will have their own bidder number.
If you can't find a guest from the Check In screen, you can use these instructions to assign paddles and tables to them. Some scenarios include:
- walk in guests who have not purchased their tickets
- guests that are replacing existing guests
- if you're not selling tickets and would like to assign paddles and tables to guests as they arrive
- 1.Tap Go To Live Activity on the volunteer screen.
- 2.Enter paddle number. Tap bid.
- 3.Continue the same for other donors.
- 4.If you need to override the amount, delete the current amount in the field, enter the appropriate amount, enter the paddle number, and then hit bid.
- 1.Tap Add a pledge.
- 2.Type in the paddle number of the person whose cart you’d like to add to
- 3.Select Accept Donation or + Add More.
- 4.Select the campaign you’d like to add from and select what you’d like to add.
- 5.If their cart is empty select Save to Cart if you want them to pay later, or you can check them out on the spot via card/cash/check.
- 6.If they already have items in their cart then the item selected will be added to the cart.
- 7.You will see the donor's cart after it's added. You can remove any items added in error by selecting the trashcan icon.
(Before accepting payments)
- 1.Confirm Bluetooth and location services are turned ON in the device's settings.
- 2.Verify that the card reader is turned on. Press the button on the side of the reader to turn it on if needed.
- 3.Go to the main volunteer page in the app.
- 4.Tap on theicon on the top right. Tap Discover Readers.
- 5.Select the reader shown. Click OK/Allow if a dialog from your device appears. Click done.
- 1.If more than one unconnected reader is in the vicinity and turned on you can look at the back of the reader to find the serial number and choose the one that matches on your device.
- 6.The icon will turn green when connected to the reader. You can disconnect the reader by clicking the icon and choosing disconnect.
At the time of check-in, you can pre-swipe and store credit card numbers for the guests. The number can be entered manually or by using the card reader. Once stored, it can be used to close carts at the end of the event or after the event, if necessary.
- 1.Tap Checkout.
- 2.Scan paddle or tap search by paddle number if needed.
- 3.Verify items. Any items added in error can be deleted with the trashcan icon. You can also add donations using + Add More.
- 4.Tap Checkout.
- 5.Select the payment method.
- 6.For check, take photos of the check or enter the check number in memo. Tap Record.
- 7.For credit cards, select Tap to Use Card Reader. Follow instructions. You can enter the card manually if needed. Older style credit cards (with numbers and info on the front) can be scanned but newer style cards will need to be added manually.
- 8.In confirm donation, the checkbox is selected to cover the credit card transaction fees. Uncheck the checkbox if the donor does not want to cover these for your organization.
- 9.Collect the signature. Tap Confirm Payment.